Sunday, November 17, 2013

Instrument Panel

I have been in the process of transferring gauges and switches from the previous hull to the new boat.  I have also added some new instrumentation- an electric horn, and a fuel gauge.  I ordered an in-panel fuel gauge of the same style and manufacturer as the two existing gauges.  While waiting for the new gauge to arrive, I went ahead and cut out holes in the instrument panel for all three gauges.  You know what they say about assuming; when the gauge arrived, it was a smaller diameter than the other two gauges. Thus, I was left with the task of making a larger hole, 3 1/2" dia., into a smaller 2 1/4" diameter hole.  I had to create a 1" thick wooden doughnut to reduce the hole size.  Done, but time consuming.
At this point I am re-thinking the windshield design, something lower and less upright; also see if I can make it simpler to lower the cost.  In the near future, the 50hp engine will be removed from the previous hull; then that hull will be removed from the trailer so that the new boat can be placed on the trailer and the new 75hp engine installed.  Some logistics involved here. I also had to build an engine stand for the 250 pound 50 hp ETEC engine to be stored on after it is off the transom.  Fortunately, I had enough spare lumber in the shop to complete a sturdy stand.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home